1) What does Chambers get out of ChambersConnect, since no charge is made to users and all the features are free?
We have introduced ChambersConnect to add value to our website. It promotes the other products that we offer and provides a platform for new products when they’re launched. In short, it enhances the Chambers website.
2) Video tutorials
3) Who can be members of Connect?
Connect is only open to clients and ranked lawyers.
4) How to promote yourself on Connect
The search function draws on the rankings in the Chambers guides. This cannot be influenced. However, you can make sure your firm has a Department Profile. These profiles are displayed on both the RFP and the Ask the Experts search results.
5) Who gets alerts when RFPs and Queries are sent?
All lawyers who receive an RFP or Query are alerted to the fact by email, whether or not they are registered members of Connect. To see the RFPs or Queries (and to respond) they then need to register.
Law firms can nominate a business development executive to receive copies of these email alerts.
6) Does Chambers read the RFPs or Queries?
No. All communications are confidential, available only to the recipients.
7) Can I find out the identity of an anonymous client who has sent a Query?
No. All RFPs and Queries are confidential. We do not read them.
8) Will anyone be shown the list of firms that I have compared?
No. All comparisons are confidential. We do not read them, nor do we send this information to the firms that have been compared or to anyone else.