Department profile submitted by Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo PC
Mintz Levin has a strong reputation for representing large, sophisticated debtors in matters that require significant resources and specialized knowledge. We are able to draw upon the legal resources within the firm to handle the nonbankruptcy issues that often become a source of disputes during Chapter 11 reorganization cases.
Our practice is considered to be one of the premier bankruptcy and workout practices for tax-exempt bondholders. We have represented tax-exempt and taxable bondholders and their indenture trustees doing business throughout the country and internationally, and we have appeared in bankruptcy courts in almost every state in the nation.
Areas of Focus
- Acquisitions or dispositions of financially distressed entities or their assets
- Bondholder, indenture trustees, and bond issuers in debt restructurings, workouts, reorganizations including Chapter 9 filings
- Debtors in Chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings
- Distressed debt and claims trading
- Landlords with respect to financially distressed tenants
- Litigation of insurance coverage disputes arising from bankruptcies
- Representation of boards, individual directors, and management of financially stressed companies
- Structured financings and asset based lending
- Secured and unsecured creditors, including parties providing debtor-in-possession financing
- Uniform Commercial Code issues and litigation