Department profile submitted by Blank Rome LLP
- Premier 25-lawyer Pennsylvania labor and employment practice, in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Work on all issues faced by in-house employment counsel, human resource managers, and executives
- Skilled in defending employment litigation, both single-plaintiff and class action litigation
- Regularly provide advice, training, and counseling
- Expanded employee benefits and executive compensation capability
- Handle traditional labor work such as collective bargaining and union negotiations
- Clients include Fortune 500 businesses, middle-market companies, trade associations/non-profits
We have carved out a national reputation as a “go to” firm for high-stakes theft of trade secrets, restrictive covenants, non-compete, and unfair competition cases. We have a tremendous name in this area, and our work on these cases has resulted in landmark rulings and broken legal ground.
We are skilled in the highly complex wage payment area, and have an established body of experience in the areas of federal overtime challenges, including proper classifications for exempt status matters, avoiding “willful action” claims and defense of collective/class actions. The group also brings superior advice and defense to clients who also must respond to related state law age payment issues, including break time claims, holiday pay and overtime triggering requirements.
In employee benefits/executive compensation, we have vast experience in the benefits plan industry and deep knowledge of the private and public sectors.