Department profile submitted by Friday, Eldredge & Clark, LLP
Labor and Employment:
We are best known for our ability to advise clients from the beginning of the employment relationship through discharge, severance and litigation. Our representation throughout the employee life cycle is seamless. We are known for cost-effective and expert advice in discrimination claim avoidance and defense, FMLA compliance and litigation, FLSA collective action defense, drafting and litigating, OSHA, DOL and NLRB practice.
We have extensive experience in the transportation sector as well as the service industry. Other industries include agriculture, manufacturing and service and retail.
Employee Benefits and Compensation:
Our firm has by far the largest employee benefits practice in Arkansas, encompassing more than 1,000 separate benefits and compensation plans. Members of our practice group all have Masters in Taxation law degrees. Our clients based in Arkansas and beyond represent a “who’s who” of leading employers and include:
- A leading energy utility
- Banks and bank holding companies
- A large nationwide department store retailer
- Food processing companies with regional and national reach
- The top Arkansas health systems and hospitals
- Family business interests that own dozens of companies
- Educational institutions and other not-for-profit organizations (including the State of Arkansas deferred compensation plan)