Department profile submitted by Bindmans LLP
Bindmans is at the forefront of criminal defence work, constantly deploying ground-breaking legal, human rights and public interest arguments and scientific evidence on behalf of our clients. We have been a leader in this field for over 40 years and our approach to criminal defence work has meant that Bindmans has successfully shaped some of the most celebrated criminal cases in recent history.
Our Criminal Law Team’s reputation is based on our experience of working on the following types of cases:
- Very serious crime, particularly murder and homicide,
- Terrorist cases,
- Sexual offences, including historic allegations,
- Public order and political protest cases,
- Defending high profile individuals, such as politicians and other “professional” clients in relation to criminal allegations,
- Representing journalists and media organisations.
- Appeals and miscarriage of justice cases, particularly involving allegations of police misconduct and corruption.
In all cases we are known for vigorously promoting our clients’ interests, particularly drawing on our expertise in human rights.