Department profile submitted by BHW Solicitors
The Agricultural and Rural Affairs department stands out for the quality and consistency of its Agricultural and Estates work.
The Department is best known for:
- Development, Promotion and Option Agreements and s106 agreements for residential and other types of development;
- The acquisition and disposal of agricultural and rural properties;
- Agricultural tenancies and farm business tenancies;
- Working with landowners in the region and beyond to restructure their farming businesses to effectively plan for succession;
- Renewable Energy Agreements; and
- Secured lending in relation to agricultural property.
BHW is a key player nationally in secured lending where agricultural property and other property is used as a sole or primary security.
BHW has been appointed a Professional Partner of one of the country's leading peer-to-peer lending platforms, Folk2Folk, which specialises in Agricultural lending. BHW was one of the first firms outside of the South-West invited to join the panel.