Department profile submitted by Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría
The Public Law practice area serves a wide range of clients both public and private sector, advising them and giving support in transactional and regulatory issues as in contentious and judicial matters related to Public Law and regulatory matters in general.
Our department advises clients directly and also supports other practice areas of the Firm, as might be required in addressing Public Law related aspects arising in connection with advice given from other specialty areas.
Thus, due to its vast experience, the fim´s Public Law area has been recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in its practice area, standing out in counseling in different areas, such as:
- Constitutional Law (constitutional actions and control of constitutionality);
- Administrative Law (special administrative proceeding and before the administrative jurisdiction);
- Public Procurement (pre contractual or during the bidding process and contractual);
- Administrative Complaints (administrative sanctions and fines);
- Advice on preparation of Bills, regulatory frameworks and other policy instruments.
The area also provides regulatory support on various Public Law related issues, such as:
- Customs Law
- Water Law
- Environmental Law
- Concessions Law
- Electricity Law
- Maritime Law
- Sanitary Law
- Telecommunications Law
- Public/Governmental Enterprises
- Infrastructure and Projects