Department profile submitted by Pérez del Castillo & Asociados
The firm provides services in all fields of Labour Law, providing preventive legal advice through four means:
- Consulting services: regular legal counsel on the application of regulations and judgments that may have implications or effects on the activity of our clients.
- Collective bargaining: assistance and representation of our clients in bilateral negotiations between companies and unions, in tripartite meetings before the National Department of Labour (DINATRA) and in institutionalized meetings before the Wages Councils.
- Labour audits: labour due diligence procedures with the aim of examining the degree of compliance with the current regulations.
- Labour relations and human management: implementation of HR management policies and promoting understanding and cooperation between employers and workers.
Once the preventive process is exhausted, we participate in several instances of dispute resolution:
- Litigation before Courts for individual and collective claims.
- Administrative proceedings before the Ministry of Labour and Social Security for the settlement of disputes.
- Arbitration for the settlement of individual or collective disputes.
- Internal administrative investigations.
We assist companies interested in investing in Uruguay in labour documentation, Wages Councils, work permits, visas and residences and in labour standards applicable to their activity.