Department profile submitted by Koury Lopes Advogados
The Department is best known for strategically assisting the clients in complex transactions involving Media and Entertainment, such as:
- Licensing agreements for broadcast rights, cable and major broadcast network agreements;
- Agreements for content acquisition, including copyrights license or assignment agreements;
- Sponsorship and Naming Rights matters;
- M&A transactions involving the acquisition of advertising agencies, including due diligences and preparing the relevant agreements;
- Regulatory Compliance;
- Representation before self-regulatory entities, including CONAR and CENP;
- Legal structuring and negotiation of media allocation, volume incentive and campaign-related agreements;
- Advertising development, production & commercialization agreements;
- Advertising clearance, media compliance and preventive strategies, including representation before the National Cinema Agency;
- Promotional marketing law, contest rules, and contest and joint-promotion management agreements;
- Advising artists with representation and management agreements; and Advice on obtaining tax incentives for entertainment and cultural purposes.
The team is well known for its long term assistance to clients in the Media (vehicles) and Advertising industries, having a deep knowledge of the main legal, tax and commercial issues that generally have to be dealt with in these specific industries.