Department profile submitted by Antis Triantafyllides & Sons LLC
The firm's litigation department, led by George Triantafyllides (a widely respected member of the Cyprus Bar), covers all areas of general and commercial law and offers:
- a wide range of dispute resolution;
- practical advice and guidance to clients in an effort to avoid lengthy court actions;
- detailed advice on proceedings and procedures;
- representation of clients in litigation disputes before all national courts and tribunals;
- both domestic and international arbitration under internationally recognised arbitration bodies.
Legal assistance and guidance in relation to various litigation matters is provided. Whether immediate action is required in an interim order application or well-thought tactics in a long standing lawsuit before the Courts, the client can always rely on the firm’s experienced litigation team for the appropriate service and tailored advice.
The team specialises, non-exhaustively, in interim order applications, Norwich Pharmacal orders and other types of disclosure orders, as well as freezing orders.
The firm’s litigation practice is not limited to fighting cases before the District Courts or the Supreme Court of Cyprus, but also extends to claims before all courts and tribunals in Cyprus, including, among others, the Employment Tribunal, the Rent Tribunal, the Tenders Review Authority and the Commission for the Protection of Competition.
Alternative means such as the option of arbitration and mediation are also areas where the firm excels in the Cyprus legal market.