Video highlights of past events:
Latest Developments in Anti-Bribery Compliance
in Latin America (FCPA, the UK Bribery Act and Anti-Bribery Legislation in Latin America)
Chambers hosted a General Counsel Seminar on Monday, September 17th 2012 in Miami, in association with Debevoise & Plimpton LLP. This seminar addressed recent anti-bribery developments that are of particular interest to lawyers involved in Latin American-related work.
Issues that were discussed include:
- Latest FCPA developments with relevance for Latin America: Does the Wal-Mart case signal a new trend?
- The potential impact of the UK Bribery Act on companies operating in Latin America
- The Brazilian Anti-Corruption Bill (Draft Bill No.6.826/2010)
- Recent anti-corruption legislation in Mexico and other Latin American jurisdictions
- Which anti-corruption legislation so far has had the most noticeable effect on the way trade is conducted in Latin America?
- How have law firms in Latin America responded to the legislation, and what have clients been asking their law firms to do for them?
- How to structure robust compliance programs
The speakers for this event were:
- Beatriz Beltranena, Legal Director & General Counsel, Amzak Capital Management
- Violeta Longino, General Counsel, Desca-Grupo Amper
- Gustavo Lopez, Vice President and Regional Counsel, Discovery Latin America/US Hispanic
- Antenor Madruga, Partner, Barbosa, Müssnich & Aragão Advogados (BM&A)
- Dietmar Prager, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
More on the speakers' bios