Global Chief Executive Officer: Elliott Portnoy
Global Chair: Joe Andrew
Global Vice-Chair: François Chateaux
Europe Chief Executive Officer: Dariusz Oleszczuk
Number of partners in Europe: 163
Number of lawyers and professional in Europe: 701
Firm Overview: Dentons is a global firm driven to provide a competitive edge in an increasingly complex and interconnected marketplace. It was formed in March 2013 by the combination of international law firm Salans LLP, Canadian law firm Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP (FMC) and international law firm SNR Denton. Dentons is built on the solid foundations of these three highly valued law firms. Each built an outstanding reputation and valued clientele by responding to the local, regional and national needs of a broad spectrum of clients of all sizes. Dentons' clients now benefit from more than 2,500 lawyers and professionals in 79 locations in 52 countries across Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Central Asia, Europe the Middle East, Russia and the CIS, the UK and the US who are committed to challenge the status quo and offer creative, dynamic business and legal solutions.
Main Areas of Practice:
• Counsel to the investors in two related investment protection claims brought against the Republic of Indonesia seeking damages for loss of investment in respect of the unlawful nationalisation of a bank, and harassment through unjustified and ungrounded criminal proceedings. Salans obtained the first decision ever retaining jurisdiction in an investor-State claim under the OIC Agreement.
• Counsel to Apotex Holdings Inc. and Apotex Inc., in an ICSID arbitration against the United States of America regarding breaches of foreign investment protections contained in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
• Counsel to Gazprom in a Stockholm Chamber of Commerce Arbitration against the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Lithuania for breach of the Shareholders’ Agreement of the Lithuanian national gas company, Lietuvos Dujos
Key Clients: Gazprom, Rompetrol, Apotex
Contact: Jean-Christophe Honlet Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Bart Legum Email: email@example.com
Banking & Finance:
• Representing Continental AG on senior secured notes issuance by a US subsidiary having an aggregate value of USD 950 million in the Czech Republic,Hungary, Germany, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Spain
• Representing two syndicates of international banks, led by Eurohypo AG as the Facility Agent, in the extension of over EUR 700 million to a major Polish developerinvestor for the financing of a portfolio of 28 shopping centres located throughout Poland
• Representing Société Générale, BBVA, SMBC, HSBC France, BTMU, BayernLB and Nord/LB as lenders to a consortium composed of Bouygues Bâtiment Ile-de- France, EXPRIMM, DIF and Uberior Infrastructure in connection with the EUR 600 million public-private partnership financing of the construction and maintenance of the future Paris Courthouse
Key Clients: EBRD, EDB, Heitman European Property Partners, Société Générale
Contact: Timothy Stubbs Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Advice to Vivendi / CANAL+ on the strategic investment in TVN Group in Poland (deal value: EUR 1.5 billion) n Advice to Total on the sale of Tenesol SA to SunPower Corporation (deal value: approx. USD 165.4 million)
• Advice to Rusnano on the USD 94.5 million outbound investment in Bind Biosciences, Inc. and Selecta Biosciences, Inc.
Key Clients: GDF Suez, Li&Fung, Rio Tinto, Warner Chilcott
Contact: Tomasz Dabrowski Email: email@example.com
Contact: Robert K Smits Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Counsel to Warner Chilcott on employment matters with respect to the acquisition of the ethical pharmaceutical unit of the American consumer product manufacturer Procter & Gamble and with respect to a cross-border restructuring in Europe
Key Clients: Blackstone, Warner Chilcott, Stryker
Contact: Katell Déniel-Allioux Email: email@example.com
IP, Technology & Telecommunications:
• Counsel to The Coca-Cola Company on all their trademark and design infringement and unfair competition matters
• Counsel to Bacardi and Company Ltd to coordinate a new bottle clearance in more than 16 countries before its worldwide launch
• Counsel to Nike International Ltd with regard to alleged trademark infringement
Key Clients: The Coca-Cola Company, Nike, Gazprom, Lactalis, Li & Fung, vKontackte
Contact: David Masson Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Representation of COVEC, a leading Chinese construction company, in numerous disputes (EUR 200 million) with the State Treasury and subcontractors in the highest profile case in Poland in 2012 n Representation of a major pharmaceutical company before the Commercial Court of Nanterre in litigation initiated by another pharmaceutical company in relation to the consequences and settlement terms of the termination of a longstanding quasi-worldwide contract for the distribution of its products (EUR 20 million claimed)
• Representation of 51 Community Interest Societies in an action brought in the High Court by National Lottery operator Camelot, seeking a judicial review of a licence granted by the Gambling Commission to the Health Lottery,which was run for them in support of healthrelated causes
Key Clients: Banque Palatine, Chanel, Covec, Delta Airlines, General Electric, Guy Laroche, Orco, Philips, Raiffeisen Bank, Reckitt Benckiser, Sagacarbon (CDC group), Tata Steel, Teva, Vivendi
Contact: Wojciech Kozlowski Email: Wojciech.email@example.com
Contact: Lionel Rosenblatt Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Advice to Peakside Capital on the EUR 600 million acquisition of Allied Irish Bank’s Polish property fund management subsidiary and its interest in two Polonia Property Funds in Poland and Hungary
• Advice to The Blackstone Group on the landmark acquisition and financing of a portfolio of three shopping centres from Redevco located in Ankara, Manisa and Erzurum in Turkey
• Advice to Natixis Zweigniederlassung Deutschland and ING Bank on the EUR 190 million refinancing of the Nova Eventis shopping centre located near Leipzig, Germany
Key Clients: Heitman International, The Blackstone Group, Morgan Stanley
Contact: Evan Z Lazar Email: email@example.com
Contact: Eric Rosedale Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reorganisation, Restructuring & Insolvency:
• Representing Solarwatt AG in the first petition for protective shield proceedings as a debtor-in-possession following the recent German reform of insolvency law (“ESUG”).Under ESUG, the reorganisation obtained court approval in three months.
• Representing Omnium Group, following the merger of some activities with parts of the Laurad group. Salans partners successfully objected to conciliation proceedings, and advised on a favourable settlement agreement allowing Omnium to recover its financial independence and continue its business.
• Representing Perella Weinberg Real Estate, as majority holder of EUR 495 million F.C.T. Windermere XII bonds issued by Hold in respect of La Tour Coeur Défense, in connection with the debt restructuring, the court imposed safeguard proceedings, and seeking the sale of Coeur Défense
Key Clients: Solarwatt AG, Omnium Group, Perella Weinberg, Sea Launch Sàrl, Swedbank
Contact: ClaudeDMontgomery Email: email@example.com
Contact: Andreas Ziegenhagen Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tax structuring and advice on the sale by CA Immo and Pramerica of the Warsaw Financial Center office building valued at EUR 210 million. Lead Tax Partner: Karina Furga-Dabrowska.
• Advice to WestLB on a spin-off transaction concerning a bank with EUR 40 billion in assets, and involving a EUR 1 billion share capital increase half-contributed by a bank which Salans advised on tax and corporate structuring aspects. Lead Partner: Dr. Stephan Busch.
• Arbitration against a major pharmaceutical group with respect to worldwide pharmaceutical taxes. Lead Partner: Jean-Luc Cuadrado.
• Assistance to major players in the retail, pharmaceutical and telecommunications sectors with design, implementation and review of their transfer pricing policies. Lead Partners: Anne Quenedey and Jean-Luc Cuadrado.
Key Clients: Accor, Bracco, Berliner Wasserbetriebe, Colgate-Palmolive, ING, Lear Corporation, Li&Fung, Siemens
Contact: Sandra Hazan Email: email@example.com
Offices: Dentons Europe has offices in: Almaty, Baku, Barcelona, Berlin, Bratislava, Brussels, Bucharest, Budapest, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Kyiv, Madrid, Moscow, New York, Paris, Prague, St. Petersburg, Tashkent and Warsaw. For more information please visit dentons.com