Managing Partner Duncan Weston
Senior Partner Dick Tyler
Number of partners 136
Other fee-earners 165
Number of partners 72
Other fee-earners 85
CMS immerses itself in its clients’ business, enabling it to deliver the most effective legal and tax solutions. Leading domestic and major global corporations work with CMS’ 2800 lawyers across their 54 offices in Europe, Russia, China, North Africa and South America. Clients select CMS because it has the most extensive footprint in Europe of any firm. It provides local and industry sector insight, global project management and its specialist teams work hard to add value to their projects, wherever they are taking place. Each CMS firm is well-established in its own jurisdiction and is well-versed in collaborating with colleagues on multi-jurisdictional projects. Its clients expect the best and CMS strives to deliver the best. It is all part of creating and maintaining strong relationships built on trust. The firm’s expertise has been recognised through a number of recent awards, these include:
• Legal Business - Energy & Natural Resources Team of the Year (2013)
• The Lawyer Hot 100 - Penelope Warne, Rita Lowe and Joanne Wheeler (2013)
• FT Innovative Lawyer Awards - Award for Most Innovative International Corporate Strategy (2012)
• European Women in Business Law Awards - Best Gender Diversity, Best Talent Management, Best International Firm (2012)
• HealthInvestor Awards - Leading Legal Advisors, Private and Transactional categories (2012)
• Finance Monthly - Dealmaker of the Year (2012)
• Professional Pensions UK Pensions Awards - Pensions Lawyers of the Year (2012)
• FT Innovative Lawyer Awards - Award for Law Firm Efficiency (2011)
CMS has 54 offices across 29 countries, including ten member firms. CMS member firms are: CMS Adonnino Ascoli & Cavasola Scamoni (Italy); CMS Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo (Spain); CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre (France); CMS Cameron McKenna LLP (UK); CMS DeBacker (Belgium); CMS Derks Star Busmann N. V. (The Netherlands); CMS von Erlach Henrici Ltd (Switzerland); CMS Hasche Sigle (Germany); CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH (Austria) and CMS Rui Pena, Arnaut & Associados RL (Portugal).
CMS offices and associated offices:
Aberdeen, Algiers, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Belgrade, Berlin, Bratislava, Bristol, Brussels, Bucharest, Budapest, Casablanca, Cologne, Dresden, Dubai, Duesseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Kyiv, Leipzig, Lisbon, Ljubljana, London, Luxembourg, Lyon, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Prague, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Sarajevo, Seville, Shanghai, Sofia, Strasbourg, Stuttgart, Tirana, Utrecht, Vienna,Warsaw, Zagreb and Zurich.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF WORK
CMS offers a wide range of expertise through seventeen practice area and sector groups, providing advice on local, national and international issues. These expert groups are firmly established across Europe.Main areas of practice include: banking and finance; commercial; competition and EU; consumer products; corporate; dispute resolution; employment and pensions; energy; hotels and leisure; infrastructure and project finance; insurance and funds; intellectual property; life sciences; private equity; real estate and construction; tax; technology, media and telecoms. For information on recent work, member firms, publications and full contact details please visit: www.cmslegal.com.
CMS was established on July 1, 1999 with the objective of creating a professional multi-jurisdictional legal and tax service organisation, headquartered in Europe.
The founders included the UK, German, Austrian, Dutch and Belgian firms. In 2000, Swiss firm Von Erlach Klainguti Stettler Wille joined CMS.
In 2001, French firm Bureau Francis Lefebvre joined CMS. In 2002, Italian firm Adonnino Ascoli & Cavasola Scamoni joined CMS.
In 2005, Spanish firm Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo joined CMS. In 2005, Belgian firm CMS Lexcelis merged with DeBacker creating CMS DeBacker.
Later that year, CMS von Erlach Klainguti Stettler Wille merged with Henrici, Wicki & Guggisberg creating CMS von Erlach Henrici.
In 2008, CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz merged with the corporate law firm Dallmann & Juranek.
In 2009, CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre, CMS Cameron McKenna and CMS Hasche Sigle merged their operations in Moscow creating CMS, Russia.
This merger creates one of the most experienced and largest international law firms in Russia with over 130 lawyers, including 26 partners.
In 2012, Rui Pena & Arnaut (RPA) became a CMS member.
RPA is a full service Portuguese law firm with over 45 years of experience, headquartered in Lisbon.
- Advertising & Marketing Susan Barty
- Asset Management Ash Saluja
- Banking & Finance Will Meredith
- Banking & Finance (CEE) Paul Stallebrass
- Commercial (CEE) Iain Batty
- Construction & Development Mark Heighton
- Consumer Products Louise Wallace
- Corporate Finance/IPOs Sean Watson
- Corporate Tax Richard Croker
- Dispute Resolution Guy Pendell
- Employment Anthony Fincham
- Energy & Projects (CEE) Andrzej Blach
- Energy & Utilities Penelope Warne
- Environment Paul Sheridan
- EU/ Competition Susan Hankey
- Financial Institutions & Services Stephen Tester
- Financial Services Regulation Simon Morris
- Health & Safety Jan Burgess
- Hotels & Leisure Thomas Page
- Infrastructure & Project Finance Paul Smith
- Insolvency Duncan Aldred
- Insurance & Reinsurance Ed Foss
- IP Nick Beckett
- Life Sciences Nick Beckett
- M&A Andrew Sheach
- M&A (CEE) Helen Rodwell
- Media Complaints Tim Hardy
- Pensions Nigel Moore
- Planning Chris Williams
- Product Liability Shuna Mason
- Project Finance Andrew Ivison
- Real Estate Mark Heighton
- Real Estate (CEE) Gabor Czike
- Real Estate Disputes Danielle Drummond-Brassington
- TMT Chris Watson
- Transport Jonathan Beckitt
- Venture Capital/Private Equity James Grimwood
- Water Robert Lane
- Mitre House,
- 160 Aldersgate Street,
- Greater London
- EC1A 4DD
- Tel (020) 3673000
- Fax (020) 7367 2000
- DX 135316 BARBICAN 2
- Email : email@example.com
- Website : www.cms-cmck.com