Managing Partners: Mr Irfan M Tayebaly, Mr Arshad M Tayebaly
Senior Partners: Mr Irfan M Tayebaly, Mr Arshad M Tayebaly
Number of partners: 6
Number of lawyers: 23
Languages: English, Urdu
Mohsin Tayebaly & Co. was founded over fifty years ago and is renowned today for being one of the leading law firms in Pakistan for banking, corporate, commercial and financial matters. The firm specialises in advising financial institutions, companies, state and regulatory bodies on their most complex and challenging legal issues. The firms’ lawyers have a thorough understanding of the commercial environment in which their clients operate which enables them to provide practical and meaningful solutions to meet varied client requirements.
Main Areas of Practice:
Banking & Finance:
• Legal counsel for the purchase of a 3G License by Pakistan Mobile Communications Limited.The transaction was an integration of a conventional syndicate facility, an Islamic facility and a Term Finance Certificate Issue valued at PKR9 billion
• Transaction legal counsel for a Certificate of Leasing Facility availed by Sui Southern Gas Company Limited. This was a first-of itskind- in-Pakistan transaction valued at PKR2 billion
• Transaction Legal Counsel for the restructuring of the Dewan Textile Group of Companies and settlement of various law suits filed against themincluding the provision of additional working capital facilities. The transaction was valued at over PKR8 billion
• Legal counsel for the issuance ofmultiple Term Finance Certificate Issues of Power Holding Limited valued at over PKR218 billion for the purposes of settling the circular debt problem of Pakistan
Standard Chartered Bank (Pakistan) Limited, Habib Bank Limited, United Bank Limited, Allied Bank Limited.
Corporate & Commercial:
• Buy side legal advisor for the acquisition of a majority stake in Burshane LPG (Pakistan) Limited
• Legal counsel for the merger/demerger of various assets and undertakings of Feroze Textile Industries (Private) Limited, Feroze 1888 Mills Limited, UTI Industries (Private) Limited and Friendship (Private) Limited valued at over PKR4 billion
Ernst & Young,Abu Dhabi Group,Capital Advisors Partners Asia Pte Ltd, Lotte Group.
Projects & Energy:
• Legal counsel on behalf of National Industrial Parks Development and Management Company (a special initiative of the Government of Pakistan) for the setting up a 48 MW captive power plant on a BOT basis
• Transaction legal counsel on behalf of the lenders for the PKR6 billion transaction comprising of a syndicate facility and a diminishing musharaka facility availed by Tariq Glass Industries Limited for the setting up of its reflective float glass plant
• Transaction legal counsel on behalf of the lenders for the PKR2.4 billion transaction for financing the change of rotors in the turbines of Lalpir Power Limited
Habib Bank Limited,National Bank of Pakistan, MCB Bank Limited, Allied Bank Limited.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution:
• The firm provides extensive litigation services,with specialisation in banking and finance and company jurisdiction matters. The firms’ lawyers have rights of audience from the Subordinate Courts all the way to the Supreme Court of Pakistan. The firm also has extensive experience in both local and international arbitration and has represented clients in several arbitration proceedings under Pakistani Law and at different international arbitration forums including ICC Arbitration as per the ICC Rules of Arbitration in London, Dubai and Singapore
Creek Marina (Pvt.) Ltd, National Bank of Pakistan, United Bank Limited.
• The firm is currently engaged as buy side legal advisor to Lucky Cement Limited for its acquisition of ICI Pakistan Limited n The firm is currently engaged by the Pfizer Group to provided legal advisory services for the separation of its Pakistan nutritional business as part of its global evaluation and structuring
- 2nd Floor, Dime Centre,
- BC-4 Block 9,
- KDA Scheme 5,
- Tel (00-92-21) 35375658
- Fax (00-92-21) 35870240
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : www.mtclaw.com.pk