- Chairman: Cornelius Brandi
- Executive Director: Matthew Gorman
- Number of partners worldwide: : ca. 750
- Number of lawyers worldwide: ca. 2,800
- CMS OFFICES WORLDWIDE: Aberdeen, Algiers, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Beijing, Belgrade, Berlin, Bratislava, Bristol, Brussels, Bucharest, Budapest, Casablanca, Cologne, Dresden, Dubai, Duesseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Kyiv, Leipzig, Lisbon, Ljubljana, London, Luxembourg, Lyon, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Prague, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Sarajevo, Seville, Shanghai, Sofia, Strasbourg, Stuttgart, Tirana, Utrecht, Vienna, Warsaw, Zagreb and Zurich.
CMS lawyers immerse themselves in their clients’ business. This enables them to deliver the most effective legal and tax solutions. Both leading domestic and major global corporations work with CMS’ 2,800 lawyers across 54 offices in Europe, Russia, China, North Africa and South America. Clients select CMS because it has the most extensive footprint in Europe of any firm. CMS provides local and industry sector insight, global project management and its specialist teams work hard to add value to their projects,wherever they are taking place. Established in 1999, CMS today comprises ten member firms, all experienced in their local jurisdictions. This expertise means that clients receive high-quality advice in the local context.
Main Areas of Practice:
CMS offers a wide range of expertise through seventeen practice area and sector groups, providing advice on local, national and international issues. These expert groups are firmly established across Europe.
• Banking & Finance
• Competition & EU
• Consumer Products
•n Dispute Resolution
• Employment & Pensions
• Hotels & Leisure
• Infrastructure & Project Finance
• Insurance & Funds
• Intellectual Property
• Life Sciences
• Private Equity
• Real Estate & Construction
• Technology, Media & Telecoms
For information on recent work,member firms, publications and full contact details please visit: www.cmslegal.com.
Clients & Awards:
CMS maintains strong, trusted relationships with many of the world’s leading businesses.The firm acts for more than a quarter of the FT European 500 and for a number of Fortune 500 companies. In terms of quality, CMS has a strong presence in leading directories, including 80 Band 1 rankings and 140 Band 2 rankings in Chambers 2011 and Legal 500 2011. The firm has chosen a single organisational structure that suits clients doing business in Europe. Each CMS office is tailored to its local market, ensuring that clients benefit from personal service and market sensitivities,while working together under a shared mission and governance structure. Whether clients require advice and support in one jurisdiction, across the whole of Europe or beyond European borders, CMS has a shared culture and built-in processes to ensure they receive outstanding, seamless service. It’s why many clients have been with CMS firms for decades. To ensure that it maintain strong client relationships, the firm constantly monitors its performance through a structured client feedback programme designed to identify what it does well and put in place a robust plan of action when it finds things it could do better.