- Managing Partner: Wim Dejonghe
- Senior Partner: David Morley
- Number of partners worldwide: 512
- Number of other lawyers worldwide: 2302
- International Offices: Brazil: Säo Paulo; China: Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong; Japan: Tokyo; Saudi Arabia: Riyadh (associated office); Singapore; Thailand: Bangkok; United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi, Dubai; USA: New York, Washington; Australia: Perth, Sydney; Indonesia: Jakarta; Qatar: Doha; UK: Belfast; Morocco: Casablanca; Vietnam: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City.
Founded in 1930,Allen & Overy LLP has approximately 5,000 staff, including some 512 partners, working in 42 major centres worldwide, Allen & Overy LLP can be regarded as one of a small group of truly international and integrated legal practices. Allen & Overy LLP combines a leading local law practice (with lawyers qualified to practice in over 30 countries), a leading international law practice and a leading US law practice, with over 250 US qualified lawyers across a network of offices. By judging its success on the extent to which it satisfies its clients and motivates its people, Allen & Overy LLP has consistently retained its position in the global elite of international legal practices.
Main Areas of Practice:
Work handled includes banking; business reconstruction and insolvency; communications, media and technology; corporate and commercial; derivative products; EC and competition law; employment, pensions and incentive law; environmental; financial services; insurance; intellectual property; international capital markets; litigation;MBOs; mergers, acquisitions and takeovers; PFI/PPP; projects and project finance; real estate (commercial); securitisation; tax (corporate).
Throughout its 42 offices, Allen & Overy LLP offers an extensive range of language capabilities.
Allen & Overy LLP employs experienced international legal practitioners to advise businesses, financiers and governments. Through a network of 42 offices they are able to combine local knowledge with experience of international transaction management to deliver a consistent level of quality to clients.