- Managing Partner: Fernando Vives
- Senior Partner: Ricardo Gómez
- Number of partners worldwide: 288
- Number of professionals worldwide: : 1776
- Languages: Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Japanese, Catalan, Arabic and Chinese
- Other Offices in Spain: A Coruña, Alicante, Barcelona, Bilbao, Burgos, Cáceres, Granada, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Logroño, Málaga, Murcia, Oviedo, Palma de Mallorca, Pamplona, San Sebastián, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Sevilla, Valencia, Valladolid, Vigo, Vitoria, Zaragoza.
- INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCES AFFINITAS (LATIN AMERICAN ALLIANCE PROMOTED BY GARRIGUES): Argentina Bruchou, Fernández Madero & Lombardi Chile Barros & Errázuriz Colombia Gómez-Pinzón Mexico Mijares, Angoitia, Cortes y Fuentes, S.C. Peru Miranda & Amado
Garrigues is a full-service, independent law firm. Based in Spain and Portugal,with offices in 27 cities, it excels in virtually every area of practice such as M&A, commercial, arbitration and litigation, labour, national and international tax, IP and IT, antitrust, environmental law, real estate, planning and public law. Its integrated approach allows the firm to provide clients with a full perspective combining transactional, regulatory and tax implications in every assignment. Garrigues also encompasses a prestigious learning centre,Centro de Estudios Garrigues, which offers various postgraduate courses in different legal areas, including tax law, and the Fundación Garrigues, which promotes legal research, especially in the areas of global law (through the Garrigues Chair in Global Law at the Universidad de Navarra), bioethics and the Information Society.
Main Areas of Practice:
Corporate and commercial, mergers and acquisitions, securities market, banking and finance, insurance, real estate, planning and zoning, energy, telecommunications, EU and antitrust, tax, accounting law, human capital services, labour law, litigation and arbitration, restructuring and insolvency, criminal law, intellectual property, information technology, administrative law, environmental, maritime and transportation, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, sports and entertainment. Garrigues also covers the following industry groups: automotive, banks, private equity, family business, pharmacy and biotechnology, real estate, sports and entertainment and tourism and hotels. Additionally, the firm services clients in other countries through the following desks: German, Italian, French, Indian, US and Asia Pacific.
Garrigues has always shown a particularly strong international mind,with overseas offices in New York (since 1973) and Brussels (since 1986). It also helped form the first international network of lawyers, the Club de Abogados. In recent times, as clients’ requirements for global services have grown, Garrigues’ reach has extended to four continents through its own offices in Brussels, Casablanca, London, New York, Shanghai and Warsaw. The firm enjoys absolute leadership of the Latin American legal market through Affinitas, the Garrigues, promoted exclusive alliance of top tier law firms (please refer to worldwide office contacts). Garrigues is also a founding member of Taxand, the first independent specialised global tax alliance currently present in nearly 50 countries, and a member of World Services Group, a network that brings together a full spectrum of leading professional services firms and companies worldwide.