- Co-CEOs: David Harris, Warren Gorrell
- Number of partners worldwide: 800
- INTERNATIONAL OFFICES: Baltimore, Beijing, Caracas, Colorado Springs, Denver, Dubai, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, Jeddah, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Northern Virginia, Philadelphia, Rio de Janeiro, Riyadh, San Francisco, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Tokyo, Ulaanbaatar, Washington, DC
Hogan Lovells is a global legal practice that helps corporations, financial institutions, and governmental entities across the spectrum of their critical business and legal issues globally and locally. It has over 2,300 lawyers operating out of more than 40 offices in the United States, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia. The firm offers:
• An exceptional, high quality transatlantic capability, with extensive reach into the world’s commercial and financial centers
• Particular and distinctive strengths in the areas of government regulatory, litigation and arbitration, corporate, finance and intellectual property
• Access to a significant depth of knowledge and resource in many major industry sectors.
Hogan Lovells’ practice breadth, geographical reach and industry knowledge provides it with insights into the issues that affect its clients most deeply and enables it to provide high quality business-oriented legal advice to assist them in achieving their commercial goals. These distinctive characteristics provide Hogan Lovells with insights into the issues that affect the firm’s clients most deeply, and allow the firm to keep its finger on the pulse of the market. Hogan Lovells exists to help clients with all their most important matters around the world. The firm believes that its ability to see business from all perspectives allows it to help clients effectively in today’s and tomorrow’s challenging business climate. The firm provides a partner-led service to ensure the highest quality while still retaining its track record in finding cost-effective answers. It has put in place, for some projects, a process that has involved outsourcing some of the less challenging work to lower cost jurisdictions and, in some cases, to third parties. Hogan Lovells’ culture is underpinned by its values. These are:
• Clients come first
• Excellence in all the firm does
• One team worldwide
• Commitment to the firm’s success
• Good citizenship
Main Areas of Practice:
The Hogan Lovells’ teams bring a broad range of legal capabilities to the table. The firm has major strengths in dispute resolution, finance and corporate law alongside world-class capabilities in areas such as intellectual property, government regulatory and real estate. This means that the firmis able to see and advise its clients on the broad picture. Hogan Lovells is based around five practice groups and a series of industry sector practice areas. The practice groups are: corporate; finance; government regulatory; intellectual property; and litigation, arbitration and employment.
Industry sector practice areas include: aerospace, defence, and government services; automotive; consumer; education; energy and natural resources; infrastructure; financial institutions; industrials; life sciences and healthcare; real estate; sports and recreational facilities; telecommunications, media and technology; and transportation.