- Managing Partners: Tobias Bürgers, Alexander Ritvay
- Number of partners: 165
- Number of lawyers: 470
- Languages: English and German, plus further languages throughout the pan-European network of Noerr’s offices and desks: Chinese, Croatian, Czech, French, Hungarian, Indian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
Named European Law Firm of the Year 2012 by The Lawyer, Noerr is a leading European commercial law firm with 470 professionals across 15 offices in Germany, Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), Spain, the UK and the USA. The firm is widely recognised for providing excellent, partner-led and interdisciplinary legal and tax advice which is academically based, innovative and results-oriented. The firm’s cross-functional and industry focused approach provides the full range of corporate, commercial, dispute resolution and regulatory services. Being highlighted for its “strong presence in eastern Europe” (JUVE 2012), the firm’s integrated offices and BRIC Desks are specialised and experienced in cross-border situations and provide strong knowledge on individual country issues as well as planning and advice on pan-regional trends and developments. Noerr’s own network, reliable best friends and the firm’s exclusive German membership in Lex Mundi, the world’s leading association of more than 160 preeminent law firms, provide global reach and access to unparalleled legal resources to serve our clients’ needs seamlessly around the world. Noerr is regularly acknowledged for its premium service. Some recent accolades include: Banking & Finance, Restructuring, and Distribution Law Firm of the Year (JUVE Awards 2012); Client Choice Award (International Law Office 2012 & 2011); and Client Service Law Firm of the Year (Chambers Europe Awards 2012 & 2010).
Main Areas of Practice:
Corporate / M&A:
27 partners, 64 other professionals in Germany
• Andritz in the public takeover of Schuler AG
• Pfleiderer in the sale of Pergo flooring to Mohawk Industries
• XCMG of China in the acquisition of Schwing
Key Clients: Arla Foods, Daicel, Deutsche Post, Gazprom, Groupon, INEOS, ISS, Veolia.
Contact: Christian Pleister, Gerald Reger
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Banking & Capital Markets:
9 partners, 32 other professionals in Germany
• Fresenius Medical Care in the placement of US dollar and euro-denominated senior notes, totalling €1.5 billion and €250 million
• Manitowoc in a €150 million securitisation
Key Clients: Bank of Communications, BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Postbank, Nord/LB, SEB.
Contact: Torsten Fett
10 partners, 11 other professionals in Germany
• CBR Fashion in e-commerce n Escada in purchasing and quality control
• Fisker in the rollout of its Karma PHEV n McDonald’s comprehensively including franchising (since 1977)
Key Clients: GM, Gucci, Häagen-Dazs, Mazda, MAN, Swarovski, Volkswagen.
Contact: Karsten Metzlaff, Karl Rauser
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
16 partners, 22 other professionals in Germany
• Denmark’s ei invest in the sale of a residential property portfolio to GSW
• Lone Star in the ?740 million sale of German real estate assets to Dundee International REIT
• TAG in the €471m acquisition of a state-owned residential portfolio and the take-over of DKB
Key Clients: Blackstone, Deutsche Postbank, Gazeley, ING, Peek & Cloppenburg.
Contact: Alexander Goepfert, Dirk Lentfer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
23 partners, 42 other professionals in Germany
• Chubb in regards of D&O insurance cases n Sal. Oppenheim in investors claims in connection with Oppenheim Esch suit
• Volkswagen group in product liability and safety
Key Clients: Arkema, Cemex, Deutsche Bank, E.ON, EADS, Munich Re, Portigon, SEB, Veolia.
Contact: Michael Molitoris, Oliver Sieg
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
10 partners, 18 other professionals in Germany
• ARAG in the transformation into a SE
• INEOS in Styrolution joint venture with BASF
• Wellspring in the acquisition of ThermaSys
Key Clients: Air Berlin, Arla Foods, Aviapartner, Deutsche Post, EADS, ISS, Nash Technologies.
Contact: Andreas Butz
Media, IP & IT:
15 partners, 35 other professionals in Germany
• ARD and others in the formation of the VoD service “Germany’s Gold”
• dwpbank in a joint venture for retail securities processing in Europe
• Pfizer in European trade mark issues
• New York’s MoMA in a cross-border art dispute
Key Clients: ASTRA, DFL German Football League, Microsoft, Warner Bros., Zalando.
Contact: Martin Diesbach, Christiane Zedelius
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Regulatory & Governmental Affairs:
20 partners, 24 other professionals in Germany
• Airlines for America on German departure tax
• Daimler in multi-jurisdictional merger projects
• HUK-Coburg and others on damages claims
Key Clients: BMBF, Fresenius, Iberdrola, SKW, Thor, Veolia,ZDF.
Contact: Alexander Birnstiel, Holger Schmitz
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Tax, Private Clients & Advisory:
16 partners, 18 other professionals in Germany
• Gazprom in the acquisition of Envacom
• Reckitt Benckiser in group tax auditing
• Powerflute in the sale of Scheufelen to Netherland’s Paper Excellence Selected
Bayern LB, Fresenius, Kennametal, SAP, Société Générale, Villeroy & Boch.
Contact: Georg Edelmann, Lutz Schmidt
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com